Rheum to Innovate 2017
Friday 1st Dec 2017 – Sat 2nd December 2017
RCPI, 6 Kildare Street, Dublin 2
Here’s what you can expect this year:
- Anne Barton, Director, Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, the University of Manchester discussing Links between the microbiome and psoriatic arthritis
- Michael McDermott, Professor of Experimental Rheumatology, University of Leeds, discussing The Spectrum of Innate Immune-Mediated Diseases
- Danny Kelly, Director of the Trinity Centre for Bioengineering in Trinity College Dublin, discussing Tissue Engineering for Bone and Joint Regeneration
- Michael Doherty, Professor of Rheumatology and Head of Division of Rheumatology, Orthopaedics and Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Nottingham, discussing Osteoarthritis: current thoughts on pathogenesis
- Helen Harris, Consultant Rheumatologist and Lecturer (St Andrew’s University), Fife Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Whyteman’s Brae Hospital, discussing Smoking cessation advice in the management of arthritis
- Seamus O’Mahony, Consultant Gastroenterologist, Cork University Hospital, discussing Medicine and the McNamara Fallacy
Our very own Dr. Mary Canavan will be presenting an intriguing talk on “Joint Specific Transcriptional Programmes Regulate Inflammation in CD141+DC in
Mary with be presenting along with TCD Asssistant Professor, Dr. Jean Fletcher. Dr Fletcher’s talk is entitled “Regulation of Th17 lineage cells in the RA joint”.
Follow the link for more information and the conference programme.
American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 2017
“Connect with your colleagues for an unmatched educational experience featuring exceptional sessions from leading rheumatology experts. The American College of Rheumatology’s Annual Meeting is the world’s premier rheumatology meeting. With over 450 educational sessions, the meeting provides boundless opportunities for professional development, networking, and first-hand access to the latest rheumatology research and clinical applications. See 2017 sessions in the Online Program“
For more information please visit the following the link!
Arthritis Ireland Annual Research Lecture 14 October 2017
A special lecture by Arthritis Ireland’s principal researchers, Prof. Gerry Wilson, Prof. Ursula Fearon and Dr Charlene Foley on their “Plans for life-changing research”.
“The past 12 months have seen our quest to find a cure continue at pace. Our investment is already producing groundbreaking results and we want to share our updates and future plans with you!”
Further information can be found here.
RAMI Section of Biomedical Sciences Annual Meeting 2017
The Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland’s Section of Biomedical Sciences Annual Meeting was hosted by TCD Physiology in the Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute on 22nd June 2017. The breadth of topics discussed was extensive and included Parkinson’s disease, autoimmunity such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, breast cancer and immune metabolism. Congratulations to Sarah Wade who was awarded best oral communication!
Inaugural Lecture of Professor Ursula Fearon 23rd February 2017
Professor Ursula Fearon will be giving an Inaugural Lecture entitled “New Horizons in Molecular Rheumatology” on Thursday 23rd February 2017 at 6.00pm. The lecture will take place in the Tercentenary Hall Lecture Theatre of the Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute. Please RSVP by 20th February to the contact details shown in the invitation above if you wish to attend.